When you install a sauna in your backyard, every day is spa day. With a one-time investment, you can add value to your home and enjoy all the health and wellness benefits that are considered essential to the Finnish culture. Once you’ve installed an in-home or backyard sauna, you’ll never look back. Here’s what you should know.
How much does it cost?
How does a sauna add value to your home?
Like any addition to your home, you may wonder what type of value your sauna will contribute should you choose to relocate. Outside of Finland where saunas outnumber cars, a sauna is widely seen as a luxury item. Thus, they can be an incredibly attractive feature when selling your home. Why is this?
- People often overestimate the cost to build a sauna. You may be doing this too. If you’re unsure about whether you should get a sauna, don’t let cost be a factor. You can install it for a much lower cost than you likely anticipate. However, this will work in your favor when it comes time to sell. A potential buyer will see your sauna and believe that you’ve invested more money than you have.
- The quality of the sauna matters. The last thing you want to do is have to tear out a poor-quality sauna. Get it right from the start with a quality product, features, and installation. This will help it add value to your home, even after it’s been installed for years.
- The health benefits alone help the sauna add value. In the long-term, your sauna helps to give you a return on your investment. However, short-term you get to enjoy it. This means that you reap all the health and wellness benefits that a sauna provides. Let’s take a look at those.
Health benefits of a sauna
When a sauna satisfies your family’s health and wellness needs, it’s worth installing. After all, what other fixture in your house is purely focused around health in this way?
- Soothes sore muscles. Perfect for families with athletes!
- Reduces stress. This is such an underrated feature of a sauna. Stress will exist no matter what phase of life you’re in and thus adds value to your life and home through the years.
- Maintains healthy skin. Saunas help to open up skin pores and relax facial tension. You can promote cellular growth just by bringing nutrients to the epidermis. Say goodbye to dull skin!
- Increases metabolic rate. When you exercise, you increase your heart rate and thus your metabolism. This is why people work out in the mornings. They attempt to jump-start their day and their metabolism simultaneously. Because saunas increase your heart rate and also burn calories, they can also get your metabolism started. Over time your sauna sessions can increase your metabolic rate.
- Relieves sinus congestion. Do you find yourself constantly getting sick throughout the year? The common cold, sinus congestion, throat ailments? It’s awful to constantly feel like this. Saunas provide temporary relief from symptoms that can put your body at its worst.